Mipp shifter documentation (Revised Feb 2006)
Preparing for shifts
- A dosimeter is required in the counting house.
- The rack holding our TLD film badges is in the Meson Detector
Building (ME6) southeast corner in the unlocked foyer between two sets
of doors. (The counting house was deemed too susceptible to muon
radiation, so the badge rack could not be placed there.)
- Currently most of us do not have one. To get a temporary one,
- You must fill out this
form. This can also be done from the basement of the
highrise in the computer lab.
- Go to the communications center in the basement of the highrise.
They will hand you a badge.
Current special shifter duties
Check white board in the counting house for the current status of each subdetector.
Contacting the current run manager:
- Holger Meyer
Urgent/Off-hours contact info is found on the white board in the counting house
- FNAL office phone: x2997
- Home: 357-6879
Documentation for shift-by-shift detector check lists
The checklist is still under development. Instructions for
each part of the checklist are below:
How to use the log book
- Generic CRL documentation
- To make an entry in the logbook:
Drag (yes drag, not click) the 'Text' button from the top
right into the center of the window with previous log entries.
Type your text.
To permanently archive the entry, go to the menu on top left
and select 'archive all non-archived entries'.
There will be log book
accounts set up for everybody. Until then, please note your name in the
text of the logbook. Your entry will appear as if Holger and Pierrick
- Adding key words to your entries
- Adding plots to your entries
- Searching the logbook
- Logs for subdetector specific information
- Accessing the logbook via the web
How to take data
The DAQ howto page is here
Possible additional information needed
- e907daq and e907mon consoles are located in
the downstream portion of the counting house.
- Existing ppcs: richppc, beamppc, tpcppca, tpcppcb, tpcppcc, tpcppcd
- The password for the daq account
on e907daq and the ppcs is on the whiteboard in the control room
- For the tpc ppcs you must type tcsh first to successfully run mdd.
- 'Standard' configuration files
- for the event builder: config/event_builder_config.xml
- for run control: config/run_control.xml
- Active detectors (selected in run control)
- beam chambers
- DC 1-4
- Stats readout
SubDetector procedures, expert contact info, and emergency information
HV, Slow controls, etc
Gas monitoring console
Controlled access procedure reminders
- You need valid FermiLab RadWorker I and Controlled Access training
- The 2 person rule applies at all times
- Find the access key tree in the middle section of the counting house.
Important phone numbers
- Control room: 3721
- Mipp counting house: 3726, 2135, 8871
Counting house information
- Wear your dosimeter (to be confirmed). Safety plan posted on doors
- Phone numbers
- How to use the phone paging system
- The printer in the downstream-most part of the counting house
can be accessed via the usual methods that work for your laptop (IP=22.214.171.124, email@example.com)
or via flpr (queue name e907_hp4si or e907_hp4si_d)
- Coffee is 25 cents a cup
- Beans are in the frig.
- Contact David Miller if supplies are short.
- Where to find toilets with running water?
- MTest (may not be easily accessible during running)
- MP9 (Multistory building to the right as you drive
away from MC7. Entrance at corner nearest MC7. Should be unlocked at night,
though sign on door currently says otherwise.)