MIPP Cerenkov detector HV/LV/crate needs
Here is pass #2 of the Ckov crate requirements. (Lange, April 25, 2002)
- Anything upstream of the ADC/TDC.
- Need +2200 Volts @20mA x2 (top/bottom)
- Lecroy 1440 - 20 channels of HV (each 2.5mA) = 2 modules
- Possible to locate in TPC rack?
- Remotely controlled via serial line
- Picture of 1 of the patch panels. Will need to interface with this (1 HV channel for top and bottom of CKov) Or is it easier (from safety regs) to stay with 20-32 separate
channels of HV so that there is less power available to each
base. Would need to redesign patch panels.
- Need -5.2 Volts 7.2A x2 (top/bottom)
- "Power-one" 5V/12A supplies readily available.
- Need adjustable 0 to -20 Volts (x2?) - low current
- Bases run at low gain, so no need to tune threshold individually
for each PMT.
- 96 cables (1 per channel)
- In the past: 150 foot run using RG8 into 1882 fastbus ADC.
I should test using RG58. Ribbon too lossy. RG8 attenuation length ~400 feet.
- Proposed ADC: LeCroy 4300 (480pC full scale, 11 bits, 50-500 ns gate,
input is 17 pair ribbon). 16 channels each = 6 needed
- 96 pairs (1 pair per channel)
- 6x17 twisted-pair cable. Needs to be verified that this is ok
for 100 foot run.
- Outputs may need to go into a discriminator (6 x Lecroy 3412 for
- Then into TDC: LeCroy 4291 (x3) (minimum 50 nsec width, so the
discriminator would be needed)
Bases are custom equipment (Nevis)
- Need to
go through electrical safety committee. See
FNAL web page.
Stuff from PREP:
- 2 LeCroy 1440 modules (16 channel, 2.5kV, 2.5mA per channel)
- 6 LeCroy 4300 ADCs
- 6 LeCroy 3412 discriminators
- 3 LeCroy 4291 TDCs
- 1 Camac crate
- HV modules in TPC HV crate?
- 2 LV power supply (9in x 5in x 4in each for the Power-one supplies)
- 1 LV bench supply for the threshold