We use LeCroy 1443 PF (positive) HV modules (16 channels:0-15).
LeCroy 1440 Camac HV controller manual &
Prep hv1440 page
Using minicom to control HV by hand
$ minicom hv1
and you should get the following:
Welcome to minicom 2.00.0
OPTIONS: History Buffer, F-key Macros, Search History Buffer, I18n
Compiled on Feb 26 2002, 09:38:06.
Press CTRL-A Z for help on special keys
AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 1 Q0
LeCroy System 1440
If you do not see "LeCroy System 1440," then
try the following:
Note that the modem settings should be 9600 baud, 8 bits,
no parity, 1 stop bit (9600 8N1).
- Check that the HV crate and the Equinox box (Multiple-Serial Port
Interface) are powered up
- Cycle the power on the HV crate
- Cycle the HV enable button
- Push on the panel containing the controller card
(i.e., the card on the front with the small ribbon cable hanging out)
To exit minicom type Ctrl-A X
NOTE: ALL COMMANDS MUST BE IN UPPERCASE.
First identify the mainframe you want to
talk to. This is a hardware address that is
set by a knob on the controller front panel.
Our controller should be set to 01, so
give the command:
- M01 Declare mainframe 01 as the target device
- W 0 A Set all voltages to zero
- R E A Print out all values for all channels
- R E C3,0 DO16 Print out all values for all 16 channels of card 3
- W 1400 C5,11 Set the voltage of card 5, channel 11 to 1400 Volt
- W 100 B C4,0 DO16 Set the Backup voltage of card 4
- SW Swap Backup and Demand voltages
- ON Turn HV on
- OF Turn HV off